Creamy Chicken Fettuccine Recipe
Creamy Chicken Fettuccine
Time: 20 min | Difficulty: Easy | Serves: 4
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 400g pack fresh fettuccine
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup cream
- ½ cup grated parmesan, plus extra to serve
- ½ cup pasta cooking water
- 1 lemon zest & juice
- 1-2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- Salt & pepper
- Generously season the chicken breasts with salt & pepper. Add a splash of oil to a large frypan and cook over a medium heat for 7 minutes each side, or until cooked through. Remove from pan and leave to rest for a few minutes before slicing into thin pieces against the grain.
- Cook pasta as per packet instructions and reserve ½ cup water when straining.
- Add the onion, garlic & half the lemon zest to the pan and gently fry over a low heat until very soft and translucent.
- Add the cream, parmesan & pasta water and bring to a simmer for 2 minutes, stirring constantly until smooth and thickened. Stir through the lemon juice, taste and season with salt & pepper.
- Add the fettuccine and chicken to the pan with the cream sauce and toss until coated.
- Before serving, sprinkle over extra parmesan, remaining lemon zest, chives and lots of cracked black pepper. Serve immediately.